iThink was nominated Best Educational Title in 2016 & 2018 by Singapore Book Awards. iThink is a teen magazine specially designed for readers age 14 years old and above. iThink symbolizes the magazine’s focus on critical thinking by adopting the thematic model.
The content of this educational magazine for teens in Singapore is created bearing in mind the current MOE syllabus objectives and exam requirements, while maintaining the quality and concept of an interesting non-academic teen magazine.
Its content also serves as useful teachers’ resources in Singapore.
This publication will help you to:
- Be Engaged in stories and issues which teenagers face on a personal basis
- Develop critical thinking, reading and presenting skills
- Prepare well for higher level essays and comprehension exercises which are important in Secondary school syllabus
- Inspire the love of reading Subscribe Today!
To find out more, https://www.ilovereading.sg/ithink-subscription.html
INSPIRE is an English Language higher primary/lower secondary school magazine targeted at young readers from 11 years and above.
True to its tagline, ‘Amazing Stories’, this magazine features fascinating fictional and non-fictional stories.
INSPIRE will help you:
- Observe various themes and interests
- Engage with language games
- Encourage practicing with exam-type questions
- Expose to different writing styles
- Ignite the love for reading
To find out more, https://www.ilovereading.sg/inspire-subscription.html
3. I – Be Bold, Confident and Ready with i!
What do you get when you blend English language learning with five cups of entertainment, ten tablespoons of confidence boosters, ten tablespoons of fun and a dash of mischief? The result is i!
i is an enrichment magazine in Singapore that stands out boldly from the rest. If you have learners who have little interest in reading and cannot seem to get past the first page or if you simply want to provide an exciting reading experience for your child, let them read i.
i is all about the learner. It is an upbeat read that features articles and comic strips of various sub-themes such as Growing Pains (Life Hacks!), Line of Work (Career), The Red Carpet (Inspiring Personalities) and Lang Game.
The texts follow closely the standard and format of texts outlined in the MOE English Language syllabuses. The Lang Game consists of crossword puzzles, word search and anagrams whereas Growing Pains help students understand and manage their emotions better.
i also contains info bites, brainteasers, YouTube videos, SEL questions and word bank.
i will help you:
- Boost your confidence
- Increase your knowledge
- Be entertained and inspired
- Better manage anger and stress
- Improve English
To find out more, https://www.ilovereading.sg/i-subscription.html
Storytime is a magazine for kids in Singapore full of great stories. It’s packed with fairy tales, legends, poems, word bank and much more – all beautifully written and illustrated, with puzzles, games and colouring too! Every issue of Storytime comes with one classic story, one or two poems and an extract from a favourite children’s book. It’s variety of stories are perfect for young readers.
Some stories include:
- The Hare and the Tortoise
- The Lion and the Mouse
- Town Mouse and Country Mouse
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Three Little Pigs
- The Cat Maiden
- The Three Fishes
Find out more about the brilliant stories inside!
- Learn morals and life lessons the fun way
- Inculcate the love for poetry
- Spark interest for English through stories
- Engage in the appreciation of cultures through classic tales from all over the world
- Taste the essence of children’s literature with abridged extracts
To find out more, https://www.ilovereading.sg/storytime-subscription.html